In 12 years of doing this ministry, we had another first: someone emailed me through the website asking me to come to her club — so we did last night. We were able to go in the dressing room and had a quick prayer with one girl. There were several clubs, modeling studios and massage parlors on this one street corner. We prayed with the girls in the modeling studios and massage parlors. Please pray for continued favor with the owners and managers of these businesses.
We gave out Christmas stockings containing Christmas socks, an encouraging scripture, a number to call for prayer/help, and chocolate candy. Several of the girls opened their lockers to show us the scriptures taped inside. Too cool.
Highlights and prayer requests from last night and the last two trips to the clubs:
- One of the door girls is out of the business. She is so excited. Her new job is 5 minutes away from her house so she can go home and have lunch with her kids.
- K said we really brighten her day and said she and the girls love us.
- Several girls wanted general prayers for friends and family — especially during this season.
- Gloria is off of drugs.
- Andranique wanted prayer because she’s had 2 failed pregnancies, wants a new job, prayer for her aunt and improved relationships.
- We prayed for healing for a girl who has fibrocystic tumors.
- Brandy wants prayer for prescription drug addiction, relationships and a new career.
- Candy needs prayer for her family, the girls she works with and her dogs.
- Elaine and Chloe wanted prayer for good health.
We haven’t been in the clubs for a few weeks, and it seemed like FOREVER. It was good to be in the new places and to see old friends in the other clubs we usually go to. Please say a prayer for the ladies and men working in these clubs when you sit down for Christmas dinner. Many of them will be working on Christmas.